Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Painted Glass Vase

One of my first projects after the kids went back to school was to paint the glass vases. I wanted to use paint that would allow me to put in fresh flowers. I found a couple
ways to do so and here are the links to Martha Stewart and Sand and Sisal. I used Kim's method.

I found these glass vases at the thrift stores and I think they have very pretty and unique features. Hmm... I can't hardly wait to see how these will transform after I paint them. Here is the "Before" picture...

and the "After" picture:

I have never "baked" glass before (well, I guess except the time I was making a casserole), turns out it is such a fun things to do. It was entertaining my curious mind alright.

I love how paints brings out the design of the glass.


Isn't it amazing how 50 cent thrift store finds can look like expensive milk glass for a fraction of the cost? The next time I am at a thrift store, l will definitely be looking for a glass vase with interesting designs! I can't wait to dry different colors.

4 comments :

  1. This is so pretty! Where is the method of doing that? Did I miss it in the post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is couple links in the first paragraph. When you go to Sand and Sisal, you can find how she did it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There is couple links in the first paragraph. When you go to Sand and Sisal, you can find how she did it.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin