Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Small Projects

I have been enjoying this summer, it has been going smoother than I had anticipated, and I even have some time to clean and organize around the house.

Last week I was clearing out the sewing table and tackled one messy spot with lots of scraps. I found some fabrics that I had forgotton. I was in the middle of cleaning but couldn't help myself; I started a few new projects.


The teddy bear is 1" wide x 2 1/2" tall when it is standing. I don't know what this fabric is, but it is very strechy and felt like.


I found this pin cushion I made a while ago. It was drowning in the scraps. Cleaning definately has other benefits.



The last project is this:



I started making hexagon blocks; several years ago, I made a Grandma's flower garden quilt, it is queen size and all HAND pieced and HAND quilted. It took me almost two years!! After that I thought; NEVER AGAIN! I guess that feeling wore off. I am having lots of fun! Besides, I have all these extra curricular activities I have to take my kids to. I love having small projects I can throw in to my purse and go.

I haven't decided what I am going to do with the blocks. I will post the pictures when I finish the project along with the grandma's flower garden quilt I made years ago.

The Fourth of July is near, I am working on a project with red fabric. I hope I can post it on my next post. Happy sewing!

2 comments :

  1. I think you should make a quilt for me from the pieces! I just learned how to do this. Maybe I should start my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty things like this don't happen when I clean! That's the most adorable little pincushion! And those grandmother's flower garden blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin