Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bedroom Facelift

I have been wanting to redo my bedroom for while, but I couldn't bring myself to buy new stuff for the room. Well, it has been several years since I got the bedding for our bed and it was in a pretty sad shape. Also I really wanted to change the look of our room. I would say this is not a major make over, but a little facelift.



I searched for several months for new bedding. I've been to stores and got online too. I didn't see "The One" anywhere, some things came close, but the bed sets were usually a little over $500! There is no way that I would spend that much for bedding alone. I thought that I might have to make my own, but it would be such a big project. I wanted to avoid that option.

One day I went to one of my beloved stores, Ross, and found a quilt. Usually king size quilts like that will cost around $200 or so, but this one was only $49! The disign was close enough that I decided to get it and went home happy :). When I opened the package, I discoverd two pillow shams inside!!! Wow was I lucky or what? I didn't pay attention to the details and did not see that it came with pillow shams. I was so excited! After a tiny victory dance, I had to come up with some plans.



The next day I went out to some fabric stores and found the perfect fabrics that matched the quilt so I could make pillow cases. With excitement I sewed five pillow cases and came up with this:



I wanted to experiment with more patterns and designs this time. I made euro pillow cases with solid and used moda fabric in front. Aaron teasingly complained that there are two many pillows on the bed, and he needs to start getting ready to get in bed 15 min before the actual time he wants to. :)

I love how it turned out! Oh, and last weekend I went to garage sales with my friends (I know it is already starting!) and found this beautiful iron decoration for $2!! I am going to hang this above my bed. I love finding good deals and being creative with what I already have. This bedroom make over will take a while till it's complete. Eventually I will post an update!

3 comments :

  1. It turned out great. I am in the process of searching for the one as well. I am hoping it will hit me soon!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how it turns out. Love what you have done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it looks so cute! You did such an awesome job! Your house is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin